Golden Rabbit is aware of certain advertised pricing practices that are undermining Golden Rabbit’s trade reputation, brand, and premium image within the online marketplace. Accordingly, to protect the integrity of the Golden Rabbit brand, we have updated our Minimum Advertised Price Policy (“Policy”), which applies to all resellers of Golden Rabbit products.
Golden Rabbit is solely responsible for establishing the minimum advertised price (MAP) and communicating the MAP to all resellers. While resellers remain free to advertise and sell all Golden Rabbit products at any price, they deem appropriate, it is a violation of this MAP Policy for a reseller to advertise any product at a price lower than the MAP price. Such advertisements include, but are not limited to:
- Offering coupons, discounts, reseller rebates, or other inducements that, when applied, result in a price lower than the MAP, including through use of a storewide sale, promotional code, or other similar provision that can be applied to products.
- Permitting any third-party to alter the advertised price for any product.
For purposes of this MAP Policy, the terms “advertise” and “advertisement” shall include only promotional or pricing information displayed on the Internet, including, but not limited to, information displayed on websites, blogs, social media, affiliate marketing networks/comparison shopping engines, banner ads, online product ads, paid search ads, pay-per-click ads, display ads, mobile ads, product listing ads, sponsored links, ads in any other media in a digital format that is communicated or conveyed via the Internet, and any other marketing or promotional materials displayed online.
In the event a Reseller’s pricing falls below MAPP, the following actions will be implemented by Golden Rabbit:
- For a reseller’s first violation of the Policy, Golden Rabbit will notify the reseller of the violations and allow 48 hours to correct the issue.
- After 48 hours, the reseller will be notified, and their account temporarily suspended until the violation is corrected.
- Repeated violations over a 3-month period may result in a six month or longer suspension of the reseller’s account.
At its discretion, Golden Rabbit may announce MAP holidays or promotions that are applicable to all resellers, during which periods a reseller that advertises a product in accordance with the terms of the authorized MAP holiday promotion will not be deemed to have violated the Policy.
This Policy does not constitute an agreement between Golden Rabbit and any other entity. Golden Rabbit neither solicits nor will it accept any assurance of compliance with this Policy from any reseller or other party. Each reseller must independently choose whether to comply with the terms of this Policy. This Policy is not negotiable and will not be altered for any individual reseller. This Policy applies only to advertised prices and does not affect the prices that a reseller may charge for Golden Rabbit products.
Golden Rabbit reserves the right at any time to modify, suspend, or discontinue the MAPP in whole or in part. Waivers to this MAP Policy may be granted in Golden Rabbit’s sole discretion by the MAP Policy Administrator in writing. Golden Rabbit Sales, Marketing, or other personnel are not authorized to modify or grant exceptions to the MAP Policy. All matters of interpretation and application of the terms of the MAPP shall remain within the sole discretion of Golden Rabbit.